Welcome to "Adventures in Lead", a blog dedicated to the hobby of miniature wargaming. The figures and terrain on this site are mainly for a campaign set in exotic "Indostan", a distant land bearing remarkable similarities to 18th century India during the Seven Years War. Bits and pieces from other projects may pop up here as well from time to time, including colonials, gladiators, pirates, dinosaur-hunting and even some RPG'ing.
The actual campaign journal and after action reports for the Indostan campaign can be found on their own blog - "Indostan: The Jewel in the Crown", the link to which is found by clicking the small image below-left.
If you do find anything remotely interesting on this blog please leave a comment, it's what keeps these sites going and their authors motivated - Thanks for looking.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Cork Walls - Painted

I've finally gotten around to posting some photos of the cork walls I started here, painted and finished. They have been painted in a similar way I do all my adobe stuff and blend nicely with my existing builds. I have quite a few more to texture and paint, but they are relatively quick and easy to do. They are also very cheap and simple to construct.
One small downside with them is that with my current terrain boards the walls sometimes don't sit flat enough, being displaced or raised by the larger pieces of sand and pebbles. This is only a slight issue though and something most wargamers live with. All in all I am very happy with the walls and know they will be very useful pieces. I do need to construct some form of firing step though, as the walls are just taller than a 28mm figure, as seen below.
(Click the images to enlarge)

Some of the painted cork walls laid out on the table.
An unknown figure I picked up from a swap meet, beside a wall.

Another figure, a sample from http://www.underbed.co.uk/

12 comments:

  1. Very nice job, very effective. I have a pile of cork tiles lying somewhere myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice modeling! The Mr. Dunn Lappedover is headed for his favorite tavern for a fill-up of Port and roast pork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent. I've been toying with various ideas to make walls using cork tile as for a while. I will have to give these ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Good choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all for the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have painted up really del, superb work Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb! Cork is the new black as far as I'm concerned ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice work, very effective, and timeless too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!
    Amazing job!
    How did you paint the walls?
    Did you textured it first (if so, how?) or did you just painted over the cork?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The walls were textured with filler and then painted. :)

    ReplyDelete